Incest is everything it's said to be
All I can say to Mark's post is that while disgusting, it's not quite as gross as Coping With Incest.
Or even Prince, for that matter.
Hey man, I wouldn't want to listen to Prince for the lyrics, either; they're just a handy conversational piece.
I'm not going too far with this, but it seems like every other popular blog likes to show off a wide variety of links, because that enhances the multimedia aspect of the Internet, and makes it seem a lot less like a private journal.
Incest is the sort of thing most people blush at even while writing privately, so through no logic at all, it seems like a great thing to talk about while writing in a public sphere connected to millions of computers across the globe.
I can't say I'm a big fan of forced incest, but we can throw that out of any intelligible discussion by labeling it under "rape." I'm really not a rape fan, since a lot of my principles revolve around personal freedoms, and good stuff like that.
Unforced, mutual incest, though, is more of a keeper. If your first thought at waking up in bed with your sister is "Guh-ross!" that's perfectly healthy. Most people feel that way. But if you and your sister want to have sex with each other, you shouldn't be shunned by society. It's not your fault genetic happenstance led you into an untenable situation where your love could not properly bloom.
Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm an adult, but for right now, I think family is kind of arbitrary. It's nice that I have people to love and care for me, but it's just random who you wind up with anyways, so if I desired, I shouldn't be looked down upon for wanting to end interaction with my family, or the converse, looked down upon for wanting to have a lot of interaction with some "members" in my family. Societal constructs and personal realizations leave me, specifically, at the point where I'm perfectly OK with family bonds, and perfectly un-OK with having sexual affairs with anyone in my family. But there's got to be more freedom for those who want to stray from accepted ways of behavior.
I will now state that any pair of mutual lovers should never be hindered, unless one of them is seven, and doesn't know any better. I can't think of any other contradictions, so it sounds like a decent little postulate to me. Actually, I'm not sure if it's right if one lover is retarded, and the other isn't. That one is touch-and-go.
Speaking of postulates, I should write my own Geometry textbook, with postulates, theorems, and proofs, but have it be about sex, yet also written in the dry, wrinkly style of math textbooks, so as for youth to associate sex with mind-numbingly repetitive problems relating mind-burningly complicated concepts, thus ensuring Chicken Little-like drops in teenage pregnancies. It's fool-proof.

5 Comments:
Speaking of postulates, I should write my own Geometry textbook, with postulates, theorems, and proofs, but have it be about sex, yet also written in the dry, wrinkly style of math textbooks, so as for youth to associate sex with mind-numbingly repetitive problems relating mind-burningly complicated concepts, thus ensuring Chicken Little-like drops in teenage pregnancies. It's fool-proof.That's brilliant...
3:12 AM
No way man. Let's just start with relationships where one of the people is a 30-something slut-puppet and the other one is like 97 and worth millions. At least one of those people knows that this is wrong, and if the other one doesn't it may or may not make it worse.
Back to incest, your ration-heavy post missed the fact that when siblings have kids those kids are shittarded. They are warped, mishappen, and ugly as they are stupid. So at least that says "If you were planning for a standard get-married-and-raise-a-family kind of love you are boned." And beyond that I would say that if having kids with your sibling causes that, then maybe god or nature or just fate is telling you not to do it.
Basically I know my opinions have some connection to society in a giant, intangible way nobody can control and that anyone could only guess at blindly. But all through history, every society knew it was wrong to climb the branches of your family tree, with the exception of the royal family, who ended off being no better than you'd expect for it. Connecting Plato to this just makes me want to do my thing even more, which is to fucking logic because it doesn't meet morality and just say that porking family or the elderly is at least disgusting, and almost assuredly wrong, too. If you want proof, go read some incest fiction online. That's all there is to it.
12:34 PM
I can't say that I would approve of having children in an incestuous relationship. Thou shalt not screw up the gene pool, you know.
But if the two individuals involved both consent and no emotional damage is incurred to them or anyone else and they go on living their lives as normally as possible, it's not really hurting me, is it? Thus, whatever.
1:46 PM
I venture to disagree.
Even with proper boring sexual instruction, sex will still be a raw, carnal activity, like fighting, and will still be fun because of the orgasms. In fact, if a book is telling us how to do it, people might get better at it.
We need to tell kids all about STD's and shit. @ my job @ planned parenthood, they told us all about that ish, and it pretty much scared me away from casual sex forever.
11:07 AM
illinois law says siblings can marry as long as at least one of them is proved infertile. so yeah, i agree with ben.
-meredith
5:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home