Wednesday, September 27, 2006

monday mornings

She was beautiful. Strands of black hair played across her face, her green eyes. When she smiled her teeth were white enough to be endearing, without being frightening or unnecessary. Isaac grinned back at her and pulled her close. "Do you know, she said, what I want to do?" "What?" he asked. Her smiled turned coy. "Well- BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8:00ZZT! "Fuck!" Isaac couldn't believe this shit. "It was all a dream? Fuck that ending. Fuck you, dreams! Bringing me up, and pushing me back down again! Why, I have a good mind to lay here until tomorrow!" BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8:00ZZZT! "No! I'm not doing it! I'll lay here all day - tonight my mind will be full of dust and cobwebs, and you'll have to make a dream out of it anyway - that's what you get, fuckers!" BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ8:01ZZZZZZT "Gah! Fine! But I swear I'm gonna eat something really weird before bed! This will not go forgotten!"

Isaac stepped into the shower and stood on the far side, waiting for the water to heat up, his toes hammered with icicles where they got too close. Isaac grumbled. "Motherfuckers. A guy works hard, all day, and all he expects in return is a little bit of fleeting fantasy to recharge his batteries - not bring him down all day!" He stepped into the water. "Brr! What do you think, ghost of John Tyler?"
The hovering white head coughed and moved to a position over the shower head. "I do not think, sir, but, being dead, rather I know. In my current state I see a great many things and, juxtaposed, I must admit I find your troubles rather frivolous."
"That's not fair, ghost of John Tyler. Even if it affects only me, can't it, if meaningful enough, matter in an equal scale as something on a seemingly larger scale?" asked Isaac. The ghost of John Tyler raised his nose.
"The powers that be are hardly interested in that bit of fluff and hot air you refer to as your mind. Moreover, sir, you are hardly the only man who has had a disappointed dream."
"Fine, forget you, ghost of John Tyler!" He shut off the water. "I may be frivolous, but at least I have places to be!"
Isaac stepped out of the shower and put on his robe. He brushed his dull teeth, hand-tousled his hair, and trimmed his moustache. Looking in the mirror, he sighed. "It's going to be a shitty day." He turned off the lights and stolled out.
The ghost of John Tyler floated, alone, in the bathroom. "How rude," he uttered.

4 Comments:

Blogger MYW said...

i think kirill ghost wrote this

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Lee the Agent said...

Kirill doesn't belive in ghosts or showers.

11:58 AM

 
Blogger MYW said...

i applaud the qualities of your fiction, but damn your overfrequent modifications to your blogger handle. Just pick a damn name, end the identity crisis.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger Lee the Agent said...

There's no handle good enough for me!

4:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home