A promise to deliver
The revival of the Bordello is very much dependent on our will to push our mental excesses onto its blank white post boxes, and if I said I'd do my part this weekend, then by god, I will.
I have a habit of leaving things that work well without my interference be, possibly collecting all sorts of terrible and revolting junk in their darkest corners. An example of this is the space beneath my desk, where I seldom look but often place my feet- during long sessions of work or aimless computer use my feet become very familiar with the assortments of strange trash and bits of things that have found their way there. I've recently become very familiar with a water bottle cap that rolled back there a week ago, my toes often tossing it back and forth as the rest of my consciousness drives away at whatever sits on top of the thick wood before my eyes.
This is the state in which I found my email, when I tried to simplify things by having some communal place I could go to check for all of the mail that had been sent to either dyz2, dzuo, or silent.cartographer- I found that separately each of my providers found some way to scrape away the black masses of spam email, but when I tried to peel away some of their control I found myself buried in what one might lightly refer to as the bullshit of the internet.
Are all of these people really Nigerian scammers? I'd like to think that there exists only a single spot on the face of the earth that is home to all of the soulless money-grubbers that constantly spew forth flimsy hooks onto which they expect money to cling like fish in search of an easy meal. It's nice having something remotely tangible to blame: if someone brought up the subject of phishing, I could very easily stand up, flare my nostrils, and excitedly exclaim "NIGERIA!" while pointing an accusing finger in the appropriate direction.
Come 2008, if a presidential candidate's economic outlook includes the surrender of American financial information to those destitude sons of Nigerian farmers, you'll know who's getting my vote.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home