A Case Study in Writing While Half-Asleep
Horses neigh as they eat their hay
Today is the day they've been waiting for
If only I could remember more of that poem. "A Horse Bordello" was a little thing I wrote in English class last year that provided a direct inspiration for the christening of this blog. Alas, it has vanished into a hurriedly-packed garbage bag; the result of me fitfully throwing away my school notes, for the fear of being found out as a lecher.
I'm pretty sure it was my best poem ever, which isn't saying much, but it had originality and subtle grace, effortlessly capturing the fresh hope of the wild horses as they prepare to open their very own bordello. For some reason, the words were strangely affecting, providing beautiful contrast with the perverse images offered by the narrative.
In other hot news, I now have my very own car, a wonderfully shabby Saturn from the Prehistoric Age. I even got to drive the boring drive to Charleston all by myself, making the important discovery that every radio station south of Tuscola is worthless, and once 107.1 goes out around Arcola, you are forced to turn the radio knob far down, lest you hear the unholy sounds of the common folk's brains spilling out into the Midwestern night.
NEXT TIME ON HORSE BORDELLO:
Posts that aren't rambling and pointless!
A Christmas Kirill, by Charles Dickens!
Short stories and novels of note!
Guest appearances by Ashanti, Ja Rule, and Turbogreg! (The three have more in common than you could ever realize.)
A dissertation about the power of 2004-05 Illinois Basketball! (Hmm... maybe not.)

1 Comments:
yay, car! ;)
and i don't remember the horse bordello poem, although i do remember you guys talking about it during english last year.
-betsy
11:21 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home