Sunday, February 13, 2005

What else are we going to abuse!?

So here's what it means to break your arm.
At Windsor they took of my ice and the makeshift splint to x-ray me, then they sent me to the Christie on University, where I held my arm and waited for an hour with all the old folks with osteoporosis before they put me in a room. Then I waited another hour to find out that my ulna WASN'T fine,, it was bent, and that I may actually have some permanent deformity. Great. Then I got a splint and found out how hard it was to get dressed, or pee, and slept that night with the arm still bent.
The next day I waited three and a half hours for anasthetic and attention. They just put me in this room and left me on the gurney for a while, and then finally they put suckers on my back and put me out through the hellacious IV inmy wrist.
When I awoke I learned that they had run a metal wire all through the inside of my radius. And that was cool, but they also ran a little outside through my skin and just left about half an inch sticking out there under the splint. Now when I move a little weird I can feel it. Showering means putting a plastic bag over my arm and taping it to my skin to make it waterproof. Then I wash myself with one hand while I balance my arm on shit. When I use the bathroom I wash the one hand with itself. Really. I'm not complaining or anything, I just figured you guys would see the humor in this. Like right now. My arm is fucking tired after all that. Fuck.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we should buy you some viactiv chocolate calcium chews.

--betsy

8:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take those!

9:52 PM

 
Blogger MYW said...

what do you do with them after youve taken them?

10:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I let them slowly slide down my esophagus. Then my stomach digests them, sending calcium out to my bones and reinforcing their strength. It's a magical process.

9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home